Friday, May 16, 2014

The Friday Five

Hooray it's Friday! James and I will be spending the morning at the park. Maybe pick up lunch on the way home and enjoy the greasy goodness of fast food. Got to fatten my skinny little guy up some how, right? ;-)

Well, here's our 5 highlights of the week:

1. Tracy's graduation is a month away. His graduation robe, hood, hat, etc has been purchased. This week his thesis defense got scheduled for June 10th. Wow, his Master degree is almost complete. It seems like just yesterday he was heading off for his first day at UCR.

2. We attended a Family Movie Night on campus Wednesday evening. They showed "Ratatouille", had a picnic dinner and some activities.
Coloring a picture
Enjoying the movie
3. It has been very hot this week. It has been in the high 90's and Thursday it got over 100. Luckily it will cool back down a bit for the weekend. Though I know we'll soon be getting 90+ degree days continually till about October. Maybe Davis will be cooler. I know it probably won't, but I can hope right?
So with the heat we've been finding ways to cool off. Wednesday I took James to play in the splash pad a block from our house and Thursday afternoon we went swimming. We actually went into the pool and not just the hot tub. Our pool isn't heated, so it is too cold to swim in until the summer months.
James isn't one to run around on the splash pad. He's always busy working on something.
This time someone had containers there and he was moving water from one container to another.
The fun ended when another kid dumped water on top of James.
 He told Tracy later that he got mad and then sad and wanted to leave. 
He has rediscovered his fish swimming tube. Maybe this year we'll try out water wings.
I've seen the ones that have a part that goes around the chest as well as the wings
till the kid is more advanced to use just the wings.
4. James has been sleeping in fairly late the past few days, usually he wakes up between 8-9 but he's been waking up past 9. Wednesday he slept in till 10:30 and Thursday till 10. He probably would have slept in later but I started purposely making noises so he'd wake up. Of course the day I could use the extra sleep (today) he wakes up before 7. Earlier than normal! What's up with that?

5. With summer approaching fast we've been looking at schedules and when we'll be doing what. It will be a busy summer with all we have going on. It looks like James and I will get to spend time in Utah for a few weeks in July while Tracy is there doing his field work. It will be nice not having to spend that time here alone like I did last summer. We're also going apartment hunting next month. Hopefully we'll be able to reserve a place for September. A lot of apartment complexes in Davis do pre-leasing for the fall since it is a collage town so it is smart to grab a place early while they still have some.

No comments: