Saturday, March 8, 2014

Doing Something Nice

I came across this quote the other day on pintrest:

It fits perfectly for what I'm going to post about. I've been feeling a bit down lately, just been having one of those weeks.
Earlier this week I decided that we needed to get some oranges. Tuesday morning James and I took a drive across town to Gless Ranch and picked up two 8 lb bags (1 bag of navels and 1 bag of cara-caras). On our way back home I felt that I should get a box from the post office to mail some off to a friend. I had planned on sending some to this friend a couple of months ago. We just never went out to get oranges before now, so I kind of forgot. Once we got home I boxed up 6 oranges of each kind and located a t-shirt that had been sitting around waiting to go to this friend as well. On Wednesday I mailed the box off.

The box all ready to go and the bags of oranges.
I think I was just about as excited waiting for it to arrive at its destination, as I am when I wait for my own packages to arrive. It felt good doing something nice for someone else and forgetting myself for a bit. Who knows maybe my friend needed the package more than I needed to send it. She's been going through her own struggles, bigger than my own little struggles. I do know that I did need that little pick me up and it helped.

 
In other news, last night James walked up the stairs with out holding onto the rail. I get teary eyed anytime I see him make a step in his gross motor development. Stairs have always been a struggle for him, so this was a big accomplishment. Too bad I was no where near a camera. Maybe next time he does it, I'll get a video. 

No comments: