Thursday, June 5, 2014

Weekends in May

Let's back track a bit to May. I've done a good job keeping up on our weekday posts. So now here's a post about some of our weekends in May. I've already blogged about a couple of them. The first weekend was mine and James' trip to Utah and the second one was Tracy's Birthday and Mother's day.

So now the 3rd weekend in May, the Saturday we spent the day shopping. I was able to pick up some much needed shorts, Tracy got a pair of jeans and James got some new shirts. Old Navy had some baseball shirts for little boys for $4. We got 2. James picked out his favorite and I picked out my favorite. Now we wished we had bought more.  We also came across this dress and Tracy insisted I try it on. I loved it and can't wait to wear it for his graduation.

Tracy stopped by the Verizon store to check out phone options and he ended up walking away with a new phone. We decided to wait a bit before getting me one too. After a day of shopping we enjoyed dinner at Yard House. Seriously, everyone needs to go to Yard House. One of the best restaurants I've been to.
At the restaurant. Tracy testing out the camera on his new phone.
It was a great day spent with my little family just doing our shopping together.

The 4th Saturday we took a trip to the beach. It was a perfect day. The beach was a little busy being that it was a 3 day weekend, but not so busy that it was over crowded. On our way to the beach we bought some new beach chairs from REI.
James soon decided that one of them was really for him and not for me. 
At the beach James did lots of sand digging and castle building. We also enjoyed playing in the water. Usually in the early evenings you can see dolphins playing in the waves and it wasn't any different this day. I think we spent a good 6 hours at the beach that day.
Watching for dolphins.
Of course any beach day is a great day.

Memorial Day we just relaxed. Tracy worked hard on his thesis. But he did sneak out in the morning and came back home with a new phone for me. I totally thought we were going to wait another month to get me one so it was a nice surprise. James and I spent a lot of time on the patio blowing bubbles. We have several different types of bubble blowers, so it makes it lots of fun. 
At one point that day James laid on the floor upset about something.
Sometimes it is rough being 4 years old.
We had a pretty good weekend over all.

May was a lucky month with 5 weekends. The 5th weekend started with Tracy and James heading out for father and sons camp-out. The camp-out was just in the park behind our church so not too far away. It was a nice to have a night to myself. I did have plans for cleaning but ended up being lazy. Oops. Oh, well.
My boys had a ton of fun. James slept really well. He had so much fun that he came home crying because he wanted to stay and play with all the kids. Poor guy loves being social with other kids and he doesn't get a whole lot of that being an only child. 
Enjoying the campfire.

Tracy took this before he woke up. Such an angel sleeping.
That Saturday evening we went to our ward party.  It was a nice evening visiting with ward members and good food. James enjoyed playing with all the kids again.


Sunday (really this is during June, June 1st, not May), James gave his first primary talk. We didn't receive the reminder message till late Saturday evening, so he didn't get any practice time in. Tracy thought we should do it on temples. The theme for the month is Priesthood Ordinances and Temple Work Bless My Family. So Sunday morning I sat down with James and talked about what he wanted to say. He was having a rough morning and didn't want to talk or do anything so I decided on his the content of his talk and didn't have much hope he'd even give it.

When the time came for James to do his talk he got right up to the podium and gave his talk. Of course with my help telling him what to say since he can't read. I'll admit he made me a bit teary eyed by doing so well. Tracy luckily thought of taking a video of it. Love modern technology allowing us to capture this moment.


No comments: