Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Tracy's Defense

Yesterday was the big day where Tracy gave his thesis defense. He'd been staying up late for the past week working on the final touches on his written thesis. His adviser and committee members read through it prior to his defense. He didn't received any major revisions needed on his thesis from them so that was good news going into the day.

Monday night Tracy's parents flew in for the occasion. I had to make my famous dinosaur cookies to bring as part of the refreshments provided for the guests attending the defense. I had a babysitter lined up but the night before one of her kids ended up sick so James ended up coming with us. Tracy hid away that evening finishing his slides for the defense and you could tell he was very nervous for the next morning.

There were 2 other grad-students giving their defenses that morning. Tracy went second. During the first one James and I sat in the hall. He had a bit of a melt down because I had forgotten to pay for parking so I had to run back to the car to do that. He wasn't happy that I wasn't there right when the first person started. But he did really great during daddy's defense. We missed the 3rd one too because we had to run back home for Tracy's dad to pack up his stuff to head back home that afternoon.

Tracy did a great job. I enjoyed listening to him talk about what he's been working on the past two years. I'm so proud of him for completing this step in his education.

During his presentation.

Answering Questions.

After we left the room for the committee questions,
James kept running around and wouldn't hold still.
At least he waited till daddy was done to go crazy.

Grandma and James

Grandpa and James

James was showing me daddy's poster outside his office and
telling me about the swim tracks while pointing to them.

After the defense I had to drive Tracy's dad to the airport. He had to go back for work. Him and Tracy's little brother will be back on Thursday night for the graduation on Saturday. I also did my last school drop off today. I'll admit I got teary eyed after dropping off the last boy. I'll miss those cute kids and I'm sure James will too.

Then as we were trying to decide what to do for dinner in celebration Tracy decided to head to the beach. What a great way to celebrate this big accomplishment he has made.

James being cute as always.

I love this guy and I'll say it again so proud of him.
Me, James and Grandma (Tracy's mom)

Love the ocean.

No comments: