The week of our move:
Monday
We loaded up the moving van on Sept. 17th. Poor Tracy did most of the work while I kept James entertained.
| One form of entertainment was playing in the moving truck. |
Tuesday
In the morning we separated ways. I went off to meet my friend and drop the pets off at the in laws. Tracy went off to take the final for his Calculus class. After I met my friend, Sara, we headed for CA. My little sister, Kandace, came along as well with some friends in her car for their own little vacation. First stop Vegas for the night. With a little kid it is much easier to split the drive into 2 days.
| At the hotel in Vegas. He decided this bed was his. |
The next morning we made our way into California and onto San Diego. We all, Kandace and friends and us, met up at the hotel room I had gotten for us all for the night.
At this point Tracy had received a C in the class, but he had failed the final. Since BYU Independent Study requires a passing grade on any final in order to pass a class, he hadn't actually completed the class. Luckily he had a great advisor at the U who was going to do all he can to make that count and let him graduate (all came down to the higher ups). However Tracy had the option to retake the final, so he set up a time to do so the following day.
Thursday
Kandace and friends had wanted to at least spend a day at Sea World, so that is just what we did. Each party did pretty much our own thing at Sea World, though we did meet up a few times for some fun.
| Kandace and friends just waking up. Yes, all three shared a bed. |
| Looking at the sharks |
| Waiting for Shamu |
| We sat extremely close, second row right in front. |
| Yes, we got very wet. |
| Enjoying some yummy juice. I just can't remember what was in that tank. |
| The Sea Lion show is awesome. |
Friday
Sara, James and I headed up the coast to Oceanside to spend the day on the beach. I made a few phone calls to arrange for our move in the following day for our apartment and to set up the necessary utilities. Then Tracy called me and said that our move may not be happening after all. The only person in the registrars office who could approve his paper work for his degree was at a funeral that day and wouldn't be back to the afternoon and he was told it could take up to a week for the approval. So back to limbo we go after feeling so close to actually making the move.
While at the beach, I tried to enjoy myself as much as I could with everything going on. We did have a fun time.
| James playing with his cars in the sand. |
After lunch we drove up to Riverside, while on the drive Tracy called and said everything had gone through and he had officially received his Bachelor's Degree. The move was a go. He would be arriving sometime the following morning, possibly very early. We got a hotel in Riverside that night and slept. Well, I tried to sleep, too much to think about to sleep. (Will him and his dad drive safely through the night?, I feel like it is Christmas eve., and so on)
Saturday
Tracy and Tracy (father and son) arrived (6 or 7 ish) after driving through the night. We made our way to the apartment complex and signed for our apartment. Then we quickly unloaded everything.
A few pictures of what our apartment looked like after everything was unloaded from the truck.
We then went downtown and enjoyed the weekly farmer's market and some lunch. Tracy (the elder) and Sara then headed on back to Utah. Tracy (the younger) and I started the unpacking. After marveling that we actually made it. We had really truly moved to Riverside.
Now we just need a fridge.





2 comments:
WOOOHOOOO! You made it! Congrats! Moving is so stressful, I can't imagine having to wonder if the packing was all for naught half way through.
I am glad it all worked out. What a blessing.
Your apartment looks cute. You will have to do an update when you are all settled.
What is going to happen with the pets? Are the inlaws going to keep them until you move back?
The pets are here with us. Tracy brought them when he came.
Post a Comment