Thursday, October 25, 2012

James's Jungle Themed Room

We're slowly getting James's room how we want it. It is fun to be making the transition from not only our old home to our new home, but from a baby room to a big boy room. We had an old couch that we disposed of before we moved. We decided to keep the cushions since James had fun playing and sitting on them. A friend of mine gave us an idea to make a reading corner and use the cushions for a place to sit, relax and read. That is what we have planned to do. This week I've been sewing covers for the cushions, so far I have 1 almost done. It is turning out great.

Here is the old, stained couch cushion:


Here is the cover:
Cute, uh? I think so.

Last week we received his new bedding:

And yesterday we purchase a table lamp for his room:
I haven't taken a picture of it yet,
but this is the one we bought.
Once the whole room is complete then I'll post more pictures of it.