Friday, October 28, 2011

Alphabet

I finished a wonderful set of alphabet magnets for a Christmas gift for James. I think they turned out quite nicely.

I got the idea from this blog. I used fleece instead of felt, cause that is all I had. I also just used the strip of magnets cut to the size I wanted for each letter, instead of the round magnets (a bit cheaper).
  • First I printed up my template of letters using word. Typed up the alphabet, found a font I like and sized it up to the sized I wanted, printed and then cut out. 
  • Then I traced the letters on the fabric/fleece and cut them out. 2 each of the fabric of choice, making sure to reverse the letters for the 2nd one and just 1 each of the fleece.
Here they are all cut out.
  • Layered them with the fleece in between the fabric and sewed the layers up.
  • Then used the hot glue gun to secure the magnets on.
All finished and hanging on the fridge!!!
Next project will be this matching game.

No comments: