Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Story of Our New Bed (Warning: Long Post)

For our Valentine's/Very Early Anniversary gift, we decided to get a bed. It was very much needed as our old bed was very uncomfortable and too small. We have been sleeping on a full, yes a full size bed, for four years. It was definitely time for an upgrade. I convinced Joe that since we were upgrading we should just upgrade all the way to a King. We want a king any way, so it just made more sense to buy it now instead of later. Of course I didn't really have to do much convincing since that is what he was thinking too. So, the quest for the perfect bed began.

It started by finding online this perfect bed for a perfect price (Clearance 60% off).
Store Trip #1: Off to the store to pick out a mattress and to order this bed. We didn't want to order a mattress online with out trying it out first. Found out the mattress we liked best was $100 off, plus came with a 10 year warranty. The sales person thought that it was a platform bed, so we didn't need a box spring unless we really wanted. We decided not to get a box spring because we didn't want the mattress to go above the foot board. Delivery date was set, paid for bed (thanks to tax returns) and I was practically skipping out of the store.

Delivery #1: Then delivery day came, the parts for the bed started to come in and I noticed that the under storage wasn't right. The one they had just had two drawers and it only came with one for one side only. I was upset, the drivers were confused since the item numbers on the parts matched my receipt. Plus it wasn't a plat form bed and so we were going to need a box springs or some sort of foundation. I sent back the storage boxes and kept the foot board, head board, (since they were right) and of course the mattress (we had to sleep on something). 

Phone Call #1: Called costumer service and they said they would have to talk to the sales person that sold us the bed and I should expect a call back from him.

Phone Call #2: Sales person calls back. Talked to him about why it wasn't what we thought it was going to be. I guess the manufacture provided them a picture that differed from the actual product they received. I'll admit I was in tears at this point. I decided to wait till Joe came home and see what he wanted to do. (At a later time I saw online where it said actual product may differ from picture.)

Store Trip #2: Found our sales guy told him we were going to stick with what we ordered even though it was different then the picture online. Plus we wanted to purchase a second set of drawers so we'd have some on both sides of the bed. Instead of getting a box spring he suggested buying a bunkette board, which basically is a really thin box spring. So we got a second delivery date for the parts I sent back, plus the new stuff we ordered and headed out the store again.

Delivery #2: Same delivery guys as before, brought in the parts and then noticed they were missing the bed slats that support the foundation/mattress. Without them the foundation/mattress would sit on the storage boxes and sag in the middle, just not going to fly. Drivers tell me I'm going to have to call the my sales person  and see if they can get a them on the afternoon truck.

Phone Call #3: Called sales person directly, got voice mail, left message.

Phone Call #4: Sales person on vacation, talked to person filling in. He doesn't quite understand what I'm talking about. Me breaking down into tears (I'm an emotional person). He finially says he'll talk to a manager and see what he can do.

Phone Call #5: Sales person says my bed slats will be delivered that day between 4:30-7:30. (Sigh of relief)

Delivery #3: Bed slats come. Delivery guys assemble the bed and I'm one very happy camper once again.

The minute they leave I'm remaking our bed with the new bedding we purchased and it all looks so great together. If I didn't have responsibilities, I'd just stay in bed all day and all night! I'm loving it! 

It was totally worth the hassle, don't you think?

It's so big it almost takes up the whole room
Under bed storage



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That looks like a great bed! I would ask where you bought it, but I wouldn't want to deal with the hassle... And Andy will probably want to make it himself anyway. LOL