Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February!

It's month #2. Time to look back at my new years resolution and see how I've been doing.

My New Year resolutions:

  • Make and follow through with New Year resolutions I give myself a pass/fail on this one. I've obviously made resolutions, just haven't followed through with all of them yet.
  • Be better at keeping my house clean and organized Pass! I don't have any before/after pictures, but my house has never been cleaner.
  • Spending less time playing meaningless computer games and more time on things I really love (i.e. sewing, reading, drawing). Pass. I've been reading a great book called YOU: Raising Your Child and working on a sewing project that I started probably 10 years ago.
  • Go to church every Sunday. Pass.
  • Work on a monthly budget and stick with it. Fail. Haven't even started. Kind of forgot I even made this one...
  • Read scriptures and pray more regularly Fail. Definitely could do better on this one.
  • Exercise 2-3 times a week. Fail. Though I do manage a few exercise type things through out the day (jumping jacks, abs, running around after James), just not a major sweat your heart out/feel wonderful afterwards workout yet.
  • Hang out with friends more, especially with Angie and Shauna. Fail. Though I did have some friends stop by a few weeks ago for a visit.
That's a 45% on my resolutions. I fail...

As for an update on the rest of our going ons. We really haven't been doing much. Tracy is busy being a TA for 2 classes (World of Dinosaurs & Paleobiology). Plus, tutoring for the Athletic department Tuesday nights. He's getting closer every day to submit his research project to a journal. That's a chore of its self; getting the paper formated and the figures all to the journals specification. Hopefully soon he'll be done and onto his next project.  He's also taking an online geography class. Little by little he's getting closer to that Bachelor degree.

The first of the month is always an exciting time for me with rent payments, processing move outs and cleaning those newly vacant apartments. The later is my least favorite. Some people just don't know how to clean. I even give them a check list so they don't miss anything, but they always seem to ignore the spot under the fridge and stove or even the stove all together. It is my job and I do get to stay home and be with James, so really not too bad.

James loves to get into everything and I mean everything.  He tries really hard to say kitty. Probably will be his first word. Doesn't really work on mama or dada. He is so much fun and such a cutie. I forgive him for getting into things I don't want him to. His newest thing is letting me know he wants a nap. If we're in his room he'll just keep pointing to his bed. If we're in the living room he'll point towards his room till we get there then point to his bed. Then he'll just talk to him self for a few minutes and out he goes. He's even back to falling asleep on his own at night.  He's just become more and more an independent person. Before I know it he'll be saying "I do it."

That's about all. Happy February 1st!


If you're interested in attending a party for James' first birthday, see this link for details.


4 comments:

Courtnie said...

You are reminding me to make my resolutions (a month late!) Sounds like you are doing better on yours than I ever did on mine from last year. Maybe I need to SIMPLIFY! :)

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I will see you next Saturday. :-)

Life as Linds said...

Thanks for the comment on my venting post lol. I was feeling low, I wrote it out and I felt better for venting...then I felt that it was kind of inappropriate so I deleted it. lol

Hope your week is going swell!

Life as Linds said...

Alicia,

You are always invited to Book Club. It is at my house this time. I believe it is on the 18th but I will have to ask Shanna to be sure. The book is called "I'd know you anywhere" By Laura Lippman.

Let me know if you decide for sure if you are coming or not.

Thanks!