Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year!

One year has gone 
One year has begun 
Looking back at 2010 
Looking forward to 2011

It's that time when everyone makes New Year resolutions. I haven't made any for a really long time. I figured what's the point when I know I won't follow through. Well, this year I'm making it my New Year resolution to make New Year resolutions and actually do them.

My New Year resolutions:

  • Make and follow through with New Year resolutions
  • Be better at keeping my house clean and organized
  • Spending less time playing meaningless computer games and more time on things I really love (i.e. sewing, reading, drawing).
  • Go to church every Sunday. We've really slacked off on this. Hoping to do better.
  • Work on a monthly budget and stick with it.
  • Read scriptures and pray more regularly
  • Exercise 2-3 times a week.  I want to be in batter shape like I was before having James by the end of the year.
  • Hang out with friends more, especially with Angie and Shauna. I've become a hermit and need to get out. 
I'm really looking forward to this New Year and to the new ME/US.

Some things I'm looking forward to this year:
  • James' first birthday. I've already started planning a little shindig.
  • Joe retaking 3 classes that he didn't do so well last year with taking 19 credits and a new baby
  • Which will bring Joe finally finishing his Bachelor's
  • Joe's first publication and possibly a 2nd
  • Hopefully an acceptance to a grad school
  • My official first Mother's day (last years didn't really count cause I had to work)
  • Joe's 30th birthday (I'll probably plan a shindig for this great milestone)
  • My 27th birthday (I'm not afraid of getting older, just afraid of getting old without accomplishing anything)
  • Our 5th Anniversary
  • Our first family vacation with James and maybe a camping trip or two
  • Hopefully a Christmas where James isn't sick and he can enjoy the wrapping paper. I mean his gifts.
Here's to a great year and good luck all on your New Year resolutions.

4 comments:

Courtnie said...

Those sound like good resurions. Especially the first one. ;). Maybe that will be one of mine too!

Anonymous said...

Great goals! Sounds like you have an exciting year ahead! And I totally LOVE that you used the word "shindig" multiple times. It was a sign that we were meant to be friends :P

Let's make a goal to finally get together this year eh? :)

Haylee said...

Wishing you the best and happiest of years!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like it will be a great year! You forgot a very important resolution however, and that is to get together with your friend Angie more often. (its on my list too!) :-)