Friday, January 29, 2016

New Year

I'm back to my old ways of doing a New Year's post. I missed doing it last year and the year before I did just a condensed version. Now... the post.

Good bye 2015, Hello 2016!

Last year started out rough and it was nice that this year so far has been better. Other then the rough start, we had a fairly good year.

Some highlights from 2015:

  • Said good bye to Tracy's brother.
  • James turned 5.
  • Charles joined the family.
  • Trip to Utah and Wyoming
  • Tracy completed his first year at University of California-Davis.
  • Summer trip to Utah. Epic adventure in Moab.
  • James started Kindergarten.
  • Tracy attended two conferences nearly back to back.
  • Christmas in Southern California.
This year should be pretty good. We're already looking forward to a few things.
  • Birthdays! James turning 6 and Charles turning 1.
  • Our 10th anniversary.
  • Another epic Moab trip
  • Society of Vertebrate Paleontology conference in Salt Lake
  • Tracy's qualifying exam for his PhD.  (Though he's probably not looking forward to them.) 
Now my resolutions:
  1. First one originally Tracy's idea and it has become a family one. Decluttering and organizing better. Or as he put it Ikea-nising.
  2. Doing all steps of laundry in the same day. I seriously have a problem with not completing the whole task. Mainly folding gets neglected, but sometimes I forget to even dry stuff.
  3. Read more.
I like to keep them short and simple then I will be more likely to keep them.

No comments: