Friday, October 10, 2014

School has Started

School officially for Tracy on Monday. Saturday, we headed for the beach to enjoy one last day before school began.

We forgot the camera, so we had to make due with our phone cameras.

James loves playing in the sand.

And he eventually headed to play in the water.
 After playing at the beach, Tracy decided we needed some chocolate, so we made our way to SF.

We got stuck in SF traffic, saw lots of hippies at the Golden Gate Park and got a bunch of yummy chocolate from Ghirardelli.

Tracy has been debating all week on whether to head back to SF or to Lake Tahoe this weekend. It will be fun to see where we end up tomorrow.

I've been trying to get more into a routine. Decided Mondays were a good day to go to the park. James really loves the park, so I'm thinking of going at least 2 or 3 times a week. We went Monday and we went today. He had a blast as always.

Monday, I also took him on a lunch date. It had been a while since we've done one of our lunch dates. It was fun. We went to the exotic Target for lunch and did some shopping. I got some good deals on a few maternity clothes and James got a new pair of pants and a couple new toys. I had left my list at home, so we ended up back at Target yesterday doing more shopping. James had actually begged me both Tuesday and Wednesday to go back, so he was pretty happy that I actually took him back. He loves to play in the toy section. LOL! I have spent way too much money this week at Target, so we probably won't be going back anytime soon.
He told me that he really wanted this toy. 
Tracy has been contemplating what to do for his Ph.D project. He now has a pretty good idea what he'll be working on. Just now have to work on some of the logistics of it. It sounds like a pretty good project and I'm kind of excited to see it all come together in the next few years and what he'll discover.
He's been pretty busy on other stuff too. Last week he submitted another paper to a publisher, so we'll see if they accept it and publish it in their journal. He has another one in the beginning process, so soon he could have 2 papers waiting to be published. Next weekend he'll be heading to the Geological Society of American Annual Meeting where he'll do a presentation on his Master's Thesis. And Wednesday, he scheduled to do a presentation March 18th for the Southern Chapter of the Utah Friends of Paleontology. I had a good laugh when he told me about that one. Apparently it didn't cross his mind that my due date is March 12th. We'll be playing that by ear. He may not be able to do it.

That's what we've been up to this past week. Hope you all have had a great week.

No comments: