Saturday, October 12, 2013

Preschool

I this week I started a home preschool with James. I possibly had a little too much fun planning this out. We'll do a 3 day a week preschool and it will be about 2-3 hours long.

I made this sign to go on the bulletin board wall that I'm hanging James's projects up as he completes them.

I just don't have printer ink (too poor to get some right now), so I had to improvise till I can print it out. 

Because I don't have printer ink, I had to come up with something different than using the preschool curriculum I had wanted to. (How cute is that curriculum?) I bought these adorable workbooks from the dollar store, that's right the dollar store. James does a page in one of the books each day.

James working on one of the books. His cars have to join us for preschool too.
I guess it is a blessing in disguise that I couldn't do the preschool curriculum I had originally planned. After this week I realized he doesn't quite have the attention span or the pencil development to complete the worksheets. He struggles with the workbooks, but partly he because just isn't interested in doing it. So, I just have him do a page a day. He does do a pretty good job with it for where he is developmentally. At least this will help him be more prepared for school in the future. I can always do the other preschool curriculum next year.

He loved putting the airplanes on the letter A. Looking forward to each week of letter decorating.

By today our wall looked liked this, what a fun week we've had. (Do you see my improvised sign? Ransom note anyone?)

I'm looking forward to this year of my home preschool. See my other blog for more on what we did this week and what we do in the future. You can find the link on the right side of this post. 

Also, the dollar store has become my new favorite place to buy supplies. It is also next to the library. How can that get any better?

No comments: