Also, anytime he find words in italics. He says the letters are falling down. I guess it looks like they are falling. What do you think? Yesterday, he was really, really concerned about an "x" that was falling down. I told him it was O.K. the "x" isn't going to get hurt and some how got him to move on from it. This evening we were reading the same book and came across the same "x" and he patted me on the back and said, "It's O.K. mom. "X" won't get hurt." I had to take a moment to compose myself after that. Sometimes he says the funniest things, like saying "Yes, sir" anytime he answers yes to a yes or no question.
I've also taken the potty training plunge, for like the 100th time. I quit pushing him a several months ago after no success in training. Every once in awhile I could get him to go potty. There was several times I could get him to go at least once a day for several days, but then refuse if I tried to push him for more. There were times he'd wake up in the morning and ask to "go potty like mommy and daddy". I decided to give it another try since it is just me and him and we really don't have anywhere to go. I was also so very tired of buying diapers. Yesterday was horrible. I almost threw in the towel, but today it went better. I struggle being stuck inside all day for more than a day. But after a little swimming today, I've been recharged with vitamin D or maybe not since it was cloudy. It was just nice to not have to worry about a mess. So far James has had about 2 successes a day and about 2-3 misses. The biggest success is he actually is letting me put underwear on him. Hopefully I don't have to buy another diaper for him. (Just wish I had a washer and dryer in my apartment.)
Between going potty we've had some silly/fun moments:
Like some how getting stuck behind the chair.
Or laying on the back of the couch hiding.
He is becoming quite the photographer




No comments:
Post a Comment