Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy Birthday To Me!

Today has been a fun, low key and kind of sad/lonely day. James and I had a fun outing this morning where we both rode a Riverside Transit Authority bus for the first time, James experienced his first movie in a movie theater and we had a delicious lunch (too bad we both filled up on popcorn and couldn't eat all our food). We saw Turbo, in case anyone is curious. It is a really cute movie, perfect for my little snail loving (seriously he loves to watch the snail), car loving boy.

Then we came home. I tried to get my little tired boy to take a nap, so I could rest too. But he wouldn't stay in his room longer than 10 mins. So after trying about 3 times I gave into his refusal.

The rest of the evening went just as usual. I really did consider going out to dinner, but my poor legs/feet were tired from all the walking we did this morning. I decided to just stick with what we had here.

The sad part of today is I'm missing my best friend. I wish his work was over so he could come home, but we haven't even made it to half way yet (we will in a couple of days though). It isn't the first time he's been gone for my birthday. He missed last year too. I know it won't be the last either. The curse of a summer birthday and being married to a Paleontologist. However, it doesn't bother me much that he is gone. I just miss him terribly.

So that is how my birthday has been. Looking forward to what year 29 has in store for me.

1 comment:

Courtnie said...

My b-day was sans my man this year too. It isn't the same with out them around, is it? Hope you still had a nice birthday with your little guy despite missing Tracy! Sounds like you did. :)