Friday, March 22, 2013

6 months

It has been 6 months since our crazy week that brought us here. Tracy just finished his 2nd quarter of grad-school, making him 1/3 of the way done with his Master's. It seems that time has gone by fast and slow at the same time. I'm still not in the habit of paying rent. Luckily we have a 5 day grace period and usually one of us remembers in that time. Going 2 years of not having a rent payment it is hard to get back into the habit of paying it. Then there is the utility bill, that one is easier for me to remember, I just dread opening the bill each month. I forgot how much electricity usage adds up. Again after not having to pay it for 2 years.

Any way, enough of the bills. We've all just keep busy doing our thing. Tracy is really enjoying school and doing his T.A. job. Even if it a bit time consuming at times and means a few late nights here and there. On top of school and work he's been applying for all kinds of grants for his summer research, so hopefully he'll get some good funding out of it. Then yesterday, he received the proof for his Tyrannosaur paper that has been in the works since he did a poster presentation on it in October 2010.  Once the corrections are made to a few minor things he and his co-authors have found, then it will be up to the editor of when it will be published. Gives me a whole new respect for writers, especially ones who write scientific papers, after seeing first hand the work and the process it take to get a paper published in a journal.

While Tracy is doing all his work, I'm home doing my work. James keeps me busy. If I'm not trying to get at least one room cleaned or my dishes done or the many other things that keeps a household running done. I'm trying to make sure he isn't going to injure himself by getting carried away in his rough housing. Or I'm busy trying to teach him to ask nicely for things and not yelling, demanding or whining to get what he wants. Or I'm busy having fun being silly and playing like a kid with him.  I have one crazy little boy.

We are all doing well and still enjoying our new home. And it seems crazy to think Tracy will be starting applications to get into a PhD. at the end of the year. But first we have to get through the next 6 months. :)

1 comment:

sholtmom said...

Glad to hear things are going well! Good luck with PhD apps! Gavin will be doing that this fall too. Who knows where we'll end up next year! How fun to have a dino expert at home though! Does James love dinos?