Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The Beach

Well, as most of you know we have been to the beach quite a lot. Since it is about 40 minutes away, how can we resist. Our most frequent place to go is the beach by the Balboa Pier. There's a delicious burger place at the end of the pier called Ruby's diner. 

The Sunsets are pretty.
James loves to make holes in the sand.
Back in October we got a phone call from Tracy's best friend that he was in California for a conference. It turned out that he was in Newport Beach which is where we go to get to our favorite beach. So we picked him up from his hotel and had a nice evening at the beach.
Tracy and his friend Stephen catching up.
I never did get a picture of their faces. His friend did though.
One Saturday in November we took a day trip to San Clemente, another beach city. We took the Metro Link (commuter train). They have a weekend deal where you can ride anywhere both Saturday and Sunday for only $10. It was a fun, fun day. James loved the train ride and thought it was really fun the train dropped him off right at the beach.

These two pictures of Tracy and James are so very cute.

It got foggy while we were there but soon cleared out.

Above the beach is a nice grassy area with benches and tables.
The train station. You really get dropped off right at the beach.
We have also driven to San Clemente and on down south to Oceanside by way of a scenic route. It is fun exploring our new home and see all the cute beach cities.

Over looking Lake Elsinore during one of our scenic drives.

Have I made you jealous, yet? Have I convinced you to come visit? If not just wait till I get to my Christmas post.

2 comments:

The Bowes said...

so jealous that you can go to the beach at any time!

Anonymous said...

I am not jealous of you, I just hate you is all. ;) JK. I can't wait to come visit you and go to the beach everyday!