Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Easy Cheesy Potatoes with Ham

Need an easy recipe for 1 or 2? Don't feel like cooking over a hot stove? Here's an easy recipe straight from the microwave. That's right using only the microwave. Makes about 2 servings and is perfect paired with a veggie and/or fruit salad.

3 cups hash browns (country style)
1/3 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup green onion
3 oz cubed ham
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 cup cheese (different kinds yield different flavors.)

Combine potatoes & chicken broth in 1 qt. casserole dish, cover, microwave on high 12 min. Stir after 6 min.
Uncover and stir in green onions, pepper, & ham. Sprinkle with cheese. Microwave uncovered 1 min.

The original recipe is a little different. since Tracy doesn't like some of the ingredients that were in it, I adjusted it to our liking. So here is the link to the original.

1 comment:

Haylee said...

Yum. I feel like I don't utilize ham enough. And that we don't eat it enough. This is the perfect recipe to get me going.

Thanks! Hope all is well!