Saturday, January 7, 2012

Snow, Finally!

Today, we woke up to snow! It is about time, too. James was totally loving it. He sat by a window pretty much all morning saying, "Wow, snow. Ooo, snow." and doing the sign for it. He can be so funny sometimes. We decided to venture outside, after all James needed to try out his snow suit he got for Christmas, and spent the morning at the zoo. We were pretty much the only ones there and had a great time. 

We could hear the tigers roaring up on the hill above them,
but they were starting to fall asleep when we got to them.

He was memorized by the water.

Trying to touch the tiger.

We made him walk with help through out this building.
He thought it was fun to go from cage to cage.

Just a classic zoo picture.
In other news, James has been seeing a physical therapist through DDI Vantage for almost 2 months now. It is a blessing to have her come to our house and work with him here and provide homework, as I call it, of exercises to have him do. It is amazing to see his progress. He will now walk a short distance with just holding onto one of my hands or walk a long way holding onto two. Especially nice he'll do the two hands holding onto each of our hands. Today I got him to take two shuffle steps towards me. I just about cried. Though I can tell he's not quite ready to walk, with a little more work it will happen sooner then later.

I recently came across this awesome recipe blog. I've only made her gourmet chicken and cheesy potatoes and both were a hit with my two picky boys. Her other stuff looks so delicious, I can't wait to make more.

1 comment:

Life as Linds said...

Hi Alicia,
it looks like you had a great weekend. I am excited for James that he is able to get physical therapy. I am sure that it has been frustrating but it sounds like he will be walking all over the place in no time! That is really exciting! Glad everything is going well. Hopefully we will have book club soon so we can all see each other.