Friday, December 2, 2011

A Rather Blustery Day!



This is the best video I could find of this with out it being in a different language.

A couple of days ago we had a rather blustery day, well night/morning. I felt a bit like Winnie the Pooh during it and even the pages of his book were being destroyed just like the cities around here. The storm hit really hard in Davis and Weber counties. Though Salt Lake was on the edge of the storm, it sure left some damage here. Luckily not as bad as other cities. I'm talking about wind as strong as a Category 2 Hurricane.

My apartment building, which I manage, took quite the beating. We woke up to part of our fence down on top of a car and shingle every where. After not getting much sleep because of the wind and this horrible banging noise, I just wanted to crawl right back into bed. Tracy actually braved the still very windy morning and found the fence down, garbage flying around the parking lot and the front lawn littered with shingles. Oh, and the horrible noise that kept waking us up was a couple of pieces of siding about to be ripped off the building. They were both still hanging on, but you definitely didn't want to be any where near them if/when they flew off.

Tracy moved pieces of the fence and picked up some trash. Maintenance stopped by shortly after Tracy left for work. He works out 2 other properties besides mine, so he just did a quick look and moved on. Later he came back and cleaned up everything and took down the siding before they came off.

My roof is now sporting a nice gaping whole, siding and fence pieces are sitting behind the behind the building. Glad I didn't have to be the one doing the clean up or paying to have the things repaired. Plus, I'm glad it wasn't any worse. Though I do feel very sad for those who had trees fall on their house/car and who are without power. Hope they all can recover from this quickly. They will be in my prayers.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Glad you weren't hurt! Crazy weather!