Friday, July 23, 2010

What a Week

This week has been quite the week for us.
Monday, we signed a lease and plan on moving in next week.
Tuesday afternoon, we get a call from our current apartment managers saying that an management position for apartments down the street from us owned by the same people just came available and the owners were interested in interviewing us for the job along with a few other possible candidates. The job includes a 2 bedroom apartment free of rent and a monthly salary, where I can work from home. Always been a dream of mine to work from home. Granted not doing apartment managing, but I'll take what I can get.
Wednesday, was spent talking to the owners, updating and sending in my resume, and setting up an interview time.
Thursday, was my interview. After a busy day at work answering phones, I went to my interview. Interviews are always rough for me. No matter what I do, I clam up. It's a surprise I've been able to get a job. Did I mention it was my birthday as well? Not really my ideal birthday. Oh, well, if I really didn't want to work, I could have asked for it off.
Now today is Friday, just waiting to hear if I got the job or not. The possibilities of what next few weeks will bring are swimming in my mind. Made it hard to fall asleep last night. Just crossing my fingers that I got the job and we'll then worry about selling our new lease. One way or another things will work out, they always do.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh Alicia, I hope you get it. Free rent would be worth it alone!! We'll be praying for you!

Courtnie said...

I hope you get it too! Sounds awesome!

And your little guy is soooo cute and plump. :) I see a lot of Lowe in him.