Sunday, March 15, 2009

Two Weddings and a Funeral....

So really it was just 2 weddings... a night in Africa and a day of fossil hunting. That is how my past 5 days have been, plus a couple of days of work.
To start off the 2 weddings were for my friends Karl and my little sister Kellie. Both weddings were wonderful and it was fun to see the happy couples. For their gifts I put together little gift baskets. I think they turned out pretty good. What do you think? But my creativeness died at the idea of the baskets that I ended up just making them the same.



After a busy weekend with the weddings and work. Joe and I decided to kick start his spring break by running away to Africa for a night. We enjoyed the big screen TV and the big bubbler tub and it was perfect way to end the hectic weekend. Unfortunately we forgot to take pictures, but if you would like to see Africa just click here.

After we left Africa, we met up with two of my sisters and their boys and took them fossil hunting. As some of you may know Joe is going to school to be a Paleontologist and so he thought it would be fun for our nephews to go out and find some of their own fossils. The boys had a blast and they all left with a small collection of Crinoids.

Here are some pictures of the fossils hunt:

Jarom looking around for fossils.

Some bits and pieces of shell stuck in the rock.

It's hard to tell, but there are small pieces of Crinoids in the rock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun! I didn't know Kellie was getting married. How exciting! I have two weddings to go to, one this week and one next week. One is Krista Kawakami, if you knew her.