Thursday, February 19, 2015

James is 5!

James turned 5 on the 8th. I can't believe I have a 5 year old. Kids grow up way too fast.

This year for his birthday we had a low key day with just the 3 of us. I was lame and didn't get a party planned because of both of us getting sick with in the few weeks prior.  He had just gotten over pneumonia and I a cold. My mind was on getting everyone well and not on entertaining. He had a good birthday regardless.

He woke up to our tradition of a balloon filled room.

It being a Sunday we went to church and he got sung to in Primary. He loved it. That evening we opened presents and had cake. We Skyped with Tracy's parents while he opened presents so they got to see him open the ones they got him. It sure was hard to keep him occupied the majority of the day from his presents. He REALLY wanted to open them, but we made him wait till we could skype with grandma and grandpa.

For his gifts he received more wooden train tracks, a train bridge, Toby from Thomas and Friends and Rocky from Thomas and Friends. He opened them all so fast we didn't get a chance for pictures.

Then we enjoyed his cake. James originally wanted a Dinosaur Train cake, but after several failed attempts of finding one and I was unsure of how to create one from scratch, he decided on a Thomas the Tank Engine ice cream cake. It worked out perfect considering his presents were train and Thomas the Tank Engine characters.
I love how his cake turned out.
And that I didn't have to do any work, except order it from Baskin Robins.
 Tracy and James putting the new tracks to good use.
The green suspension bridge was one of the gifts.
The Tuesday after his birthday we took a train ride on the California State Railroad Museum's Excursion Railroad. Of course James loved it. 


He had his physical yesterday. It was a bit of a bummer they hadn't received his records from previous doctors yet, so the pediatrician didn't have anything to go off of. I did my best to fill her in but I couldn't remember any of his stats. James measured in at 42 inches tall and weighs 35 lbs. My skinny guy! He did well on his physical, but hated getting his hemoglobin test and immunizations. I hated having to sit holding him scared and crying while he waited for the shots and receiving them. So, I may have taken him to Target afterwards and he got a new toy...

Today he hasn't been feeling well from the side affects.

Hopefully tomorrow he will feel better.

No comments: