Sometimes I'm pretty sure I'm failing at this parenting thing. Then there are moments when James does something that makes think maybe I am doing something right. There are also times when he's being an example to me.
The other night I had tucked James into bed. He immediately jump up and said he needed to turn his bike light on. The light is an old one from Tracy's bike. His light was on his dresser and he had it shinning towards his Jesus picture. He said, "I need my light to see Jesus." At first I thought wow, maybe he is listening to things I say. Then I thought wait a min. I should follow James' example and do more to look towards Christ, think about His example and have Him in my life more.
 |
| This is James' picture he had his light shinning on. |
James always shows an immense love and concern for others. During my sick moments early in this pregnancy I was always amazed that he was right there rubbing my back and bringing me water or making sure Tracy did those things. Also, the past couple of days, when choosing a piece of candy from his Halloween bag he also gives me one. It surprised me at how easily it was for him to share his candy when that is something most kids have a hard time sharing. Good reminders to me to be more willing to help others in need even in small ways as just being there by there side and to share what I have, like a few dollars to the homeless guy on the corner or anything else I may be prompted to share.
Of course life with a 4 year old isn't always so pleasant. These are just a few example of those occasional times when he's doing things right and times when I'm reminded that we really should be like little children. I'm very grateful to have James in my life and that he helps me become a better person.
No comments:
Post a Comment