Sunday, August 10, 2014

James is 4 1/2

I can't believe that 6 month have past since James turned 4. He amazes me a lot by the things he says and or does. I love watching him learn and grow, just sometimes I wish it wasn't so fast.
One the train to the beach.
Last week I measured his height. He's now at 3' 5" which means he has about an inch left before he'll out grow his car seat. Someone will be graduated to a booster soon! Last month while we were at grandma's house I had him stand on the scale. He weighs about 32 lbs. He's a skinny boy. 

Playing at our apartment playground.
He stopped himself there and told me he was stuck.
James loves to help me around the house. He does a great job at cleaning floors, picking up his toys (he hates it when his toys make too big of a mess), and helping me cook. He recently has started actually asking to go potty, so maybe he'll FINALLY get potty trained. He's also been asking for a bike, so that would be awesome to have him riding a bike. I'll encourage anything that has to do with gross motor skills. There are still a lot of things I wish he could do that other kids his age can, but I just have to encourage and teach what I can and hope he'll get it. 

Having a snack downtown after visiting the Farmer's Market.
I'm really enjoying this age of saying whatever is one his mind. James comes up with some great things to say.
  • One morning last week, he told me that daddy had asked him for help and he replied by saying, "Ummmmm... Nope, I don't want to." Not sure why he thought to tell me, but it gave me a good laugh.
  • I think it was that same day that he told me during lunch that my food after I swallowed was going down and hitting the baby on the head. The baby is saying, "Ouch."
  • A lot of the time when you ask James if he needs a drink or a snack and he doesn't want one, he'll reply by saying, "I'm just OK." 
  • He is constantly telling us what the cats say when they meow. Lightning said, "Leave me alone." Eowyn said, "I'm hungry." 
  • James constantly says, "Ah, not again." Usually when you do something he doesn't want you to do or you are repeating an action like getting a drink or going to the bathroom. (Mostly it is because he doesn't want me to do it.)
  • As I was getting ready to go to a doctor's appointment, he said,"The doctor is going to reach into your mouth and pull the baby out." We've told him the baby still needs to grow bigger before it can come out. He's still convinced it will come out of my mouth. (Have I mentioned he really wants a sister?)
  • Listening to him play is one of my favorite times of the day. Wish I could record him 24/7.



This morning James followed me into the bathroom as I was feeling like I was loosing my breakfast. He then stood there rubbing my back. It was sweet. I love that even among all his craziness and sometimes crankiness he has a very sweet loving side. Hope it is something he'll never loose.

No comments: