Tuesday, December 31, 2013

New Year!

It's a New Year! (Though I'm actually writing and posting this before the actual New Year.) We had a good year. I'd write about the major events, but I need to save those for our New Year, maybe Valentine's Day cards. I didn't get around to doing Christmas cards. Hoping to get some sort of card out, Soon!

I haven't made any resolutions, yet. I'll post them once I do. One our Sacrament Program on Sunday had this quote on it and I thought I'd share.
"Be kind to yourself. If you find you've made resolutions that are making you miserable, be willing to change them. After all, they are your resolutions. Sometimes you can resolve to do things that are really too big to handle. Instead of giving up as a failure, modify your goals so that they will be a true help and result in improvement."  ("Keeping New Year's Resolutions", Liahona, December 1990)

2014 will be a good year. Some things we have to look forward to:
  • James going to Primary (can't believe he's old enough for Primary)
  • James turning 4!
  • Me crying lots because my little boy is getting bigger. ;)
  • Tracy graduating with a Master's Degree in June.
  • Which will bring Tracy starting a PhD programs.
  • Me turning the big 3-0 (Can I really be that old already?) and joining Tracy in the 30's (Only he'll be turning 33.)
  • More beach time and maybe trips to Disneyland, Knotts Berry Farm, Sea World and San Diego Zoo.
  • Holidays, New Traditions and Family Fun!
And a possible move. Applications for PhD programs are in (almost, just have one more left). Now we wait for the acceptance/reject letters.

Here are the schools Tracy applied to/ will apply to and where they are located:
  • University of California - Riverside (Riverside, California)
  • University of Texas (Austin, Texas)
  • University of California (Berkeley, California)
  • University of Washington (Seattle, Washington)
  • University of California - Davis (Davis, California
A good chance to stay in here in Cali. :) Now we'll just have to wait and see which ones Tracy gets accepted to. Where do you think we'll end up? (Notice there's now a poll on the right. Comment with your guess and place your vote.)

I hope you all are having tons of fun partying the night away. Have a Happy New Year!

No comments: