Sunday, February 10, 2013

More about Berkeley, well actually San Francisco, well maybe a little of both

Now I have finagled pictures from Tracy's camera. I figured I'd post them in a new post instead of updating the ones I already made. Plus I left out a few things I wanted to say. (Sorry, this is like my journal so I try to post as much detail about things as I can.)

All of these are from our San Francisco day taken with Tracy's awesome new camera.

The fiery building (again)

Just waiting to cross the street with a cool building in the back ground.

A ship going under the bay bridge.

View of the city from the top of Lombard St.

Looking down the hill out to Alcatraz from the same spot as above.
We walked down that hill to the piers. It is crazy steep..

Making our way down.
See me in the bottom corner, next to the poor old man using the wall to get up the hill.

James checking out the ocean water and the boats.

The view from our lunch spot in the Fisherman's Grotto restaurant.

Sea Lions at pier 39.
and a fun video of them turning the cable car around.

So on this trip I experience a few firsts.
  • First time in San Francisco.
  • Rode in a subway which also goes under the bay to San Francisco. Good thing I'm only a little claustrophobic   I just sat there the whole time thinking "please don't let the train break down."
  • Rode on a cable car which is fun. Can't wait till I don't have a kid to hold on my lap and I can sit on the outside seats or stand on the side.
  • Learned that it can be dangerous to be in a city with an NFL team in the super bowl if they win.
  • Drove, rather rode in a car, across the Golden Gate Bridge.
I also realized James has now been on an airplane 3 times. The same amount of times I had been on one by the time I was 25. Now I am up to 6 only double what he has been. He is one traveling champ.

So, now I am officially done with posting about my trip. Hope you have enjoyed my long winded posts about it.

1 comment:

Life as Linds said...

I love all your vacation photos! It looks like you had a blast! I miss San Fran and I hope we get to visit there again soon. It is a wonderful city with so much to explore!