Saturday, September 11, 2010

A couple of weeks ago, we escaped for the weekend. School had just started and the reality of another long semester (but the last for bachelor's) ahead. We took time for just the three of us. We had a great night in Africa. I will surely miss getting a great deal. Maybe I'll have to save up my dollars and go again next year for our anniversary. We could stay in another exotic place and pretend we went really far away. After our night in Africa, Joe surprised me with a stop at the Golden Spike National Historic Site. He knows how much I love trains. I felt like a little kid watching the historic engines start up and demonstrate what it was like back then to have those two trains meet at that spot. I learn so much history of the Continental Railroad that I didn't know before.  Too bad James didn't like their Steam show too much and I had to take refuge in the building. Poor guy cried and cried because the trains were too loud.

Well, now it's PICTURE TIME!

James falling asleep on daddy
He looks so tiny on that awesome huge bed.
Someday I will have a bed as awesome as this one.
James and I checking out the trains
The three of us standing in front of the Jupiter.
My favorite train and it's the one I've been wanting as the engine for my future model train set.
I just couldn't remember the name of it till I saw this one.
I love our little adventures together. I'm almost constantly being surprised with new places to see. Joe sure knows how to make life fun and interesting.

3 comments:

Life as Linds said...

HAHA when I was in 6th grade we took a field trip out there. I wore a pretty fancy dress with grapes all over it. I was 100% sure that my teacher had told us to wear nice clothes. When we got off the bus and we stepped outside I realized that I must have heard the teacher wrong. I was the only one out of hundreds of kids wearing a dress. It got all dirty and dusty and I was embarrassed the entire day. That is my only memory of this trip. I must have been so traumatized the whole time cuz I don't remember anything else.

Anonymous said...

Glad you enjoyed your time together. I need to get out to the Golden Spike for our anniversary sometime because my anniversary is also their anniversary. Haha. May 10th.

Kaylene said...

Next trip you ought to stay in the Christmas room at Alaskan Inn up Ogden Canyon. They have trains all over the ceiling.