Friday, November 20, 2009

Update on baby!

After my last post I had a couple of friends request that I write about my pregnancy. One of those friends was serious and the other was joking, so here is a post for my friend who wanted to hear about baby.

This week marks the end of my second trimester. I had my doctors appointment earlier in the week and everything is going just as smoothly as possible. This particular appointment I got to have the opportunity to have my blood drawn once again. For those of you who don't know, but this is quite an ordeal for me. I have to remind myself to breathe in order to keep from passing out. Though it is getting a little easier each time I have to get it done. Any way this time around was for a glucose test. You have to fast for a certain amount of time before getting the blood work done and an hour before had you have to drink this special glucose drink. I for on didn't think it was that bad tasting, but man oh man that sudden sugar high sure does make you feel weird. The good news is my test results came out fine. No gestational diabetes for me. YAY!

Now I am on the home stretch. There's still so much I still need to get and do, but at least I still have a couple more months.

Sorry no baby bump pictures. Joe has the camera with him in Mexico. I'll try to post some when he gets home.

5 comments:

Haylee said...

I know I was the serious one. But I like hearing about baby things. It makes me happy.

And HOORAY for no diabetes!

Whenever I give blood, I can't look at the blood exiting my body or I get woozy. So I kind of understand the whole blood drawing thing.

But congrats on making it to the home stretch!

Beth said...

We are going to be in town for Tday. We have a gift for you. We were hoping to get to see you guys. didn't know that TJ was in Mexico. We will be in Nephi on the Sat after. If you can't make it, we will just leave the gift there. Hope to see you.

Courtnie said...

I too like to hear baby stories! Love em', actually!

Glad to hear you didn't detest the glucose drink. :P And I am very glad to hear that everything is healthy and going well!

Looking forward to baby bump pictures.

Anonymous said...

Yeah for no diabetes! :-) Andy is reading this with me, and he says you have a cool bird. I'm glad you posted a sane pregnancy story. LOL

Crystal said...

Okay that glucose drink is nasty. Gives me a jittery feeling afterward. Glad all is going well. Just set up Luke's bed. So the crib is all yours. If you want me to help paint it, let me know. We can arrange for drop off or pick up.