Saturday, July 18, 2009

Birthday Party

Earlier today I had a party for my birthday that is on this coming Wednesday. It was fun have some of my friends and family there. We all just sat around had some good food and visited, simple but still lots of fun. Sorry, I have no pictures for we forgot to take some during the party.

Of course like all birthday parties there was the cake and the singing of the birthday song at the end. When Joe brought out the Baby Looney Tone Cake I'd picked out everyone gathered around to start the singing, but wait there was some minor confusion as to why it said "Congratulations Alicia" instead of "Happy Birthday Alicia." My sister Crystal asked "Does this mean your having a baby?" and my answer was "Yes, I am." So that was our big announcement that we will be having a baby the beginning of February. After all the congrats and the laughing because Joe's brother's going to be an Uncle Sam, we finally got to the singing and the cake eating. Such a great ending to a fun party.

PS- Joe took me to get my hair cut this morning as a birthday present. Hopefully soon I'll remember to post some pictures of it.

8 comments:

Life as Linds said...

YAY! thats so exciting. I wonder what you will have? Also, I can't wait to see your hair.

Anonymous said...

Man, I'm sorry I missed it! I wish we could have come. Congratulations! I hope I don't have to sing the "pregnancy" song to you, you know what I'm talking about. :-) LOL Good for you.

Crystal said...

It was so fun to be there. Your hair is adorable. Congratulations again. You are going to be a great mom. I am excited for a new niece or nephew.

Courtnie said...

Congrats!! That is very exciting. My old roomie just got pregnant after trying for three years. She is due around the same time as you.

:):):)

The Bowes said...

Congrats Alicia! Now I can read your blog too!
Sarah

Haylee said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!

Melissa said...

Congratulations!! That's amazing! Sorry we couldn't be there. It sounds like a great party! What a great way to announce!

Beth said...

hooray! We add our congratulations! We are so excited for you!! Can't wait to meet this little person. And also a Happy Birthday to you!